Cute Halloween Amigurumi Pumpkin Pattern
Learn how to crochet a cute pumpkin for Halloween with this free pumpkin crochet pattern. It’s a simple and small beginner project that you can finish in about 1-2 hours. This pattern is perfect for using any leftover yarn you have. I enjoy making mini amigurumi as they make such cute and quick gifts.
I made the small pumkin which is 8 cm wide, from sport weight cotton yarn. However, you can also crochet the pumpkin from bigger yarn. For example, plush chenille yarn will make your mini Amigurumi bigger and very huggable.
Basic Stitches Tutorial:
To get started, check out my Basic Stitches Tutorial. If you’re a beginner, it’s essential to go through this comprehensive crochet tutorial. It includes a wide range of helpful videos that will guide you through each step. With this tutorial, you’ll learn everything you need to know about creating a cute Amigurumi.
I also have made a full video on YouTube on how to crochet every step of this pumpkin Amigurumi:
These are the materials that I used. However, feel free to replace them with other materials of your choice. Furthermore, if you wish to crochet a larger or smaller version of the pumpkin using this free amigurumi pattern, you can simply use a thicker or thinner yarn and crochet hook.
Cotton Sport Weight version 6 cm / 2 inch:
– Orange catania cotton color – 281
– Green catania cotton color – 205
– Black catania cotton color – 110
– Synthetic Poly Filling
– Crochet hook size 2.5 mm
Search for a similar cotton yarn you can buy near you on YARNSUB
Chenille Super Bulky version 14 cm / 5 inch:
– Orange Chenille yarn
– Green Chenille yarn
– Black Chenille yarn
– Synthetic Poly Filling
– Crochet hook size 5.0 mm
Search for a similar yarn you can buy near you on YARNSUB
TIP: If you are using Blanket yarn, I recommend a 8.0 mm crochet hook.
Abbreviations used in this pattern:
(All abbreviations are explained in my basic stitches tutorial)
sc: single crochet
sl st: slip stitch
Free Pumpkin Crochet Pattern
- Use orange yarn
- Rnd 1: start 6 sc in a magic ring (6)
- Rnd 2: inc 6 times (12)
- Rnd 3: (sc, inc in next st) repeat 6 times (18)
- Rnd 4: (sc in next 2 st, inc in next st) repeat 6 times (24)
- Rnd 5: (sc in next 3 st, inc in next st) repeat 6 times (30)
- Rnd 6: (sc in next 4 st, inc in next st) repeat 6 times (36)
- Rnd 7: (sc in next 5 st, inc in next st) repeat 6 times (42)
- Rnd 8: (sc in next 6 st, inc in next st) repeat 6 times (48)
- Rnd 9-15: sc in all 48 st (48)
- Rnd 16: (sc in next 6 st, dec) repeat 6 times (42)
- Rnd 17: (sc in next 5 st, dec) repeat 6 times (36)
- Rnd 18: (sc in next 4 st, dec) repeat 6 times (30)
- Rnd 19: (sc in next 3 st, dec) repeat 6 times (24)
- Rnd 20: (sc in next 2 st, dec) repeat 6 times (18)
- Stuff the pumpkin with filling.
- Rnd 21: (sc, dec in next st) repeat 6 times (12)
- Rnd 22: dec 6 times (6)
- Finish the pumpkin by taking the last strand of yarn and sewing it through the front loops of every crochet stitch that you made in the last round. Pull the yarn tight to close the hole.
- Now use the yarn end to shape the pumpkin. Sew the yarn all the way to the top and pull it tight and sew back to the bottom again, sew the yarn in a few times, to make sure it stays in shape. Now wrap the yarn around the pumpkin and sew it in at the top to the bottom .
Do this 6 times (divide the pumkin in 6 pieces).
- Turn the pumpkin upside down
- Sew the mouth onto rounds 10-11 and the eyes on round 14.
See this video on how to sew the mouth exactly on the pumpkin: https://youtu.be/7NrocD4cfzM
- Rnd 1: start 5 sc in a magic ring (5)
- Rnd 2-4: sc in all 5 st (5)
- Rnd 5: inc 5 times (5)
- Fasten off, leaving a yarn tail. Sew round 5 on top of the pumpkin.
Now your cute halloween pumpkin is done! I hope you enjoyed this free pumpkin crochet pattern, I have many more amigurumi patterns available on this website.