Mini round cactus with flower in a pot
Learn how to crochet a very cute mini cactus keychain in a pot with this easy and fast free crochet pattern for beginners. A cotton yarn or other firm yarn will make the cactus look at it’s the best.
If you use thicker yarn, the cactus will become bigger. You could also use two strands of yarn to make it bigger. If you want the cactus to stand up, then please use some heavy stuffing in the bottom of the pot. Size cactus: 6 cm / 2 inch
This cactus takes about a hour to crochet.
There is a full free video on how to crochet this round cactus keychain pattern here:
Check out my basic stitches tutorial if you are a beginner. The tutorial has a lot of videos included.
These are the materials that I used. You can replace them with other materials. If you wish to crochet a larger or smaller version of this cactus amigurumi, you can just use a thicker or thinner yarn/crochet hook.
Check the materials page on my website if you need help in choosing the right materials.
- Use green yarn
- Ch 10
- Row 1: Start in second ch from hook, sc in next 9 st, ch 1, turn (9)
- Row 2-20: BLO sc in next 9 st, ch 1, turn (9)
- Crochet the other side of the chain and row 20 together (photo 1).*
- Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing.
- Now close the top of the cactus using your yarn needle, weave the yarn tail through the top loops of every other row. Sew through loops 1, 3, 5 etc. (photo 2). Those are the row between the rows that make the bumps on the cactus. Pull it tight to close.
- Weave the yarn through the cactus to the other opening, make a little knot to attach the yarn on the other side of the cactus.
- Put stuffing in the cactus.
- Now close the bottom of the cactus using your yarn needle, the same way you closed the top of the cactus.*
* If you need any help with making the cactus pattern please check this video:
- Start in beige yarn.
- Rnd 1: start sc 8 in a magic circle (8)
- Rnd 2: inc 8 times 
- Rnd 3: BLO sc in all 16 st (16)
- Rnd 4: sc in all 16 st (16)
- Rnd 5: (sc in next 3 st, inc in next st) repeat 4 times (20)
- Rnd 6: sc in all 20 st (20)
- Rnd 7: FLO sc in all 20 st (20)
- Fasten off, sew in the yarn end, don’t sew over the FLO of Rnd 7.
- Rnd 8: join brown yarn to the BLO of the 1st st of rnd 7 of the cactus, sc in all 20 st (20)
- Rnd 9: dec 10 times (10)
- Put stuffing in the pot.
- Rnd 10: dec 5 times (5)
- Fasten off, leaving a long yarn tail. Using your yarn needle, weave the yarn tail through the front loop of each remaining stitch and pull it tight to close. Weave in the yarn end.
- Sew the cactus on the pot.
Find the video on how to make these flowers on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/gh10ECfqsxY
- Start with green yarn
- Rnd 1: start 6 sc in a magic ring (6)
- Do not cut off the green yarn, you need to use this to sew the flower on the cactus.
- Change color to orange
- Rnd 2: (slst + hdc + hdc + slst in next st) repeat 6 times.
- Fasten off and sew the flowers on the cactus.
- If you want to can use the green yarn to add a little loop on your cactus to turn it into a keychain.
- Hide the yarn under the flower and make it a little knot in it. Sew the remaining yarn in the cactus.
See how to make a loop exactly in this video: https://youtu.be/AyKtL1GY3ng
Now your cactus is done! I hope you enjoyed this your free cactus crochet pattern.
There are many more free amigurumi patterns on this website.